More of the same. I'm starting to think weather forecasts are over-rated. Although I did have my first accidental forecast view. There was a email I got about an event this weekend for one of my kids and they put the high temp in the email DOH!
Going a month without using weather data? Can it really be that challenging? How often am I really using weather data? When thinking about this experiment, the answers to the above surprised me. As a meteorologist, I’m almost subconsciously using weather data. Friends and family ask me for forecasts all the time and in the vast majority of cases, I can give the next couple of days off the top of my head. The Storm Prediction Center site is my home page. So every time I open my web browser, I know, at a glance, where thunderstorms are likely for the day. Insulating myself from all of that is going to be a challenge and may cause some worry from friends and family that usually depend on me for that kind of info. Tomorrow, I’ll talk about which data I’ll consider off limits and any exceptions I (may) make. In the meantime, think about how often you use weather data throughout your day. I’ll bet you use it more often than you’d think — just consider how often you drive by a bank ...
Comments
Post a Comment